Adding Custom Tools
- Go to: https://staging.hellohaptik.com/home/
- Enter your login credentials
- Once logged in, you will see the below page (may vary based on permissions)
- Select Administrator, the below screen will apear (may vary based on permissions)
- On clicking on External Tools (highlighted), the below page will open
Ex: We added an external url (https://material.io/design/) which should appear for Flight Hindi Voice Business as "Test External Link".
- Now, click "Add External Tool", to land on the screen below. Here, you enter the following details: 1. Business: Select your unique business name. (will be available in dropdown) 2. Partner: Select your unique partner name. (will be available in dropdown) 3. Task: Can be ignored, and left blank 4. Tool Name: Can be any string (this is what will apear to the agents) 5. URL: An external link to your tool 6. Tick: "Link" or "Tool" 7. Hit Submit
- On success, your tool will now appear for all agents allocated to your business.
- Simply click on the tool, and the URL will open on the RHS
Important Design Note
- The RHS section, where the tool loads is restricted to exactly 26% of the page ~ 360px in width in most cases.
- Please make sure that the tool is responsive to all required screen resolutions
Important Tech Note
An external tool appears for a business, if a user wishes to use the same tool across multiple businesses, they can do so by adding a the same entry for the other businesses.
Please make sure your
X-Frame-Optionsis set to allow our host, so that your tool can open within our iframe.
Header set X-Frame-Options "allow-from https://staging.hellohaptik.com"