1. What happens to the new chat if the user's previous conversation was auto-completed?
The unread messages and time is tracked within the scope of a conversation. The count of unread messages is reset and when the users comes up to bot and chat with an agent, the chat will marked as a new chat.
2. Why are we not able to receive chats?
There are multiple scenarios that relate to agents not receiving the chat on their screen. Some of the following the observed scenarios -
- The MyChats page keeps reloading, a yellow bar appears on the top of page
- Messages are not being sent to the user, a Resend option appears
- There are chats in the agent’s queue but the chats are not assigned on the MyChats page
- A lot of exception errors appear on the screen
If your agents are not able to recieve chats then please contact Haptik to get the list of IPs to be whitelisted.
3. How to manage offline hour chats?
In the Team settings, you can turn the toggle to complete all chats when no agent is online. But there can be an edge case as mentioned below. We need to understand when this edge case occurs, and assign a specific permission to all agents.
A chat would get assigned first to the last agent who took this user's chat. Assuming the agent is available. We mandate agents to go offline before 30 minutes of their shift closure time, and then logout on shift end. This works in sync with our assignment so that logged out agents are not considered for assignment. For when agents are going offline, but not actively logging out, the chats that come in offline hours get assigned but the agents in reality are not available. We should use the
Inactivity_logout permission that logs out agents on no activity for 15 minutes.
4. How to open Haptik Reports ZIP file on Windows system?
Windows has built-in support for zip files. It can create, extract, browse through zip files which is a nice feature but this feature can also give you troubles in some situations.
When you try to open a .zip file you’ve downloaded using Windows Explorer, you might receive the following error:
By default, Windows will extract the files into the temp folder when you double-click on a .zip file to open it for viewing. This error means there is a problem with the permissions of the temp folder.
Here is a workaround:
- Move the .zip file into one of your user profile sub-folders, like Downloads, Documents, Pictures, etc.
- Right-click on the .zip file and select “Extract All”. This allows you to decompress all of the files into a folder of your choice.
This problem has been faced by lots of Windows users. If you open the zip file with some third-party tools such as 7-zip or WinRAR, every file could be opened without error.
5. How do the users know when an agent has entered the chat and when the chat has ended?
Once the chat is assigned to an agent, the user can see the handover to the agent on the SDK UI.
Once the chat is marked as complete/closed, the user can see the completion message on the SDK UI.
Chats are automatically closed if:
- No messages are exchanged between the agent and the user and the chat is either with the bot or is in Waiting for user state for 8 minutes.
- If all agents were offline, and chat auto-complete setting was enabled for the team.
6. How to disable the
Close Chat button?
By default, the Close Chat button is visible for all the agents in the Message Composer section.
There are cases when you might want to disable the Close Chat button for agents. For example - when agents should be closing the chat only after creating a ticket for the user on the External Tool. Close chat button could be present on the External tool directly.
To disable the Close Chat button, you can edit the flag under Businesses > Business Settings > Show close chat button.
7. How to check the hourly report of the number of chats received?
- Download the agent data from Smart Agent Chat Analytics.
- Tap on email report and select date range.
- Download the report and open the dump in Excel or Google Sheets.
- Split the data in column Chat Initiated field and keep the hour of every chat.
- Pivot the data using Hour value and you should be able to get the hourly count of chats received within the date range selected.
8. How to download the automated agent report?
As the TL you will receive an automated business report everyday. You will need to download this report and follow the steps mentioned in the video to successfully open and utilize the report.
9. Can we edit and delete a sent message?
Once you have sent a message to the end user, you cannot edit or delete the message.
10. How are completed chats shown?
In the Completed Chats section, you will be able to see the 100 latest completed chats that are closed by the agents.
To assign the chat to an available agent, you can select the chat and re-assign it to the agent from the toolbar on the right side screen.
11. What to do when agents are getting an "exception occured" error on MyChats Page?
Check the followings points to ensure agents are receiving the chats -
- Check permissions of the agent via Permission Management dashboard.
- Ensure agent is a part of the Team created on Smart Agent Chat.
- Ensure the Default Team is selected from the dropdown in the Business Manager section.
- Ensure the IPs are whitelisted for the agents network.
All the above points should be checked on Production environment.