Extension Module Integration Guide for Android SDK(Legacy)
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Getting Started
- IVA Building Guides
- Conversation Design
- Developer Guides
- Agent Setup
- Analytics & Reporting
- Tips & Tricks
Table of ContentsPermissionsLaunch PermissionsStep 1: Important ReadStep 2: Adding Gradle DependenciesStep 3: Configure Inbox Activity (Optional)
Haptik SDK adds the following permissions to your app, this is to support all the features in the Haptik SDK.
- “INSTALL_SHORTCUT” (FOR CREATING SHORTCUTS IN WAKE UP REMINDERS)
- Important. Required for the proper functioning of reminders.
- Optional. You may remove it using tools: step if you don’t have it already
This module will enable the
Extensions functionality in the Haptik SDK.
Step 1: Important Read
- Extensions internally add the
Coredependency to the project, so if
Extensionsdependency is added dependency for
Corecan be safely removed from
- Before starting with integration for
Extensionsfunctionality make sure all the steps for integrating the
Coredependency is followed.
Add the following in module
build.gradle for eg:
build.gradle (Module: app)
There are two ways to use
InboxView. You can either add
InboxView in your activity or you can use
DefaultInboxActivity which already contains
InboxView. If you do not want any major customization you can use
DefaultInboxActivity else you can add
InboxView in your activity. For using
DefaultInboxActivity, you can use
ai.haptik.android.sdk.extensions.Router class methods :
- Router.signUpAndLaunchInbox() : This will perform the
- This activity will hold
Haptik Inbox View.
- Create an Activity. For eg "HaptikInboxView"
Haptik Inbox Viewin
xmlof your activity
<ai.haptik.android.sdk.extensions.inbox.InboxView android:id="@+id/inbox" android:layout_width="match_parent" android:layout_height="match_parent"/>
- This is a plug and plays view, just initialize the view in the
onCreate()method of the activity.