Start by navigating to Service Setup Home page on your Salesforce account, click on View All option. A pop up opens up. Select the Chat with Customers option.
A widget will open to begin the team setup.
The steps to setup the team are as follows -
Provide the Queue name and Team name.
Select the members you want to add to the team.
Provide a Priority. If you have multiple queues, priority will help the routing configuration to prioritize a queue.
Adjust the chat workload by providing the Work Item Size and Agent Capacity -
For example, 1 chat can be considered as 1 work item and agent capacity is set at 10 i.e. 1 agent can handle 10 chats at a time.
Provide the secured (https) webpage where you will be deploying the IVA.
Note: This link won't be used in our integration anywhere since Haptik SDK will be directly integrated with your platform.
- Select the type as Service.
- Keep the offline support toggle off here. You will need to configure the offline message from Haptik platform as mentioned in the documentation later.
- You will get a code snippet for integration on your platform - skip this step since Haptik's integration on your platform will handle live agent integration automatically.
Connect the Haptik Platform to Salesforce using credentials
On Haptik Platform, navigate to Business Manager and open the Platform Deployment settings, as shown below -
Select Salesforce Agent Chat from the Platform drop down list
You will need to copy the following keys from your Salesforce Setup to Haptik's Platform Deployment -
- API Endpoint: To get this value, from Setup, search for Chat Settings and copy the hostname from the API Endpoint.
Provide the API Endpoint as the URL on Haptik Platform, as shown below -
- Salesforce Organization ID: To get this value, from Setup, search for Company Information and copy the Salesforce Organization ID.
Provide the Salesforce Organization ID as the URL on Haptik Platform, as shown below -
- Deployment ID: To get this value, from Setup, select Chat | Deployments. The script at the bottom of the page contains a call to the liveagent.init function with the pod, the deploymentId, and orgId as arguments. Copy the deploymentId value.
Provide the Deployment ID as the URL on Haptik Platform, as shown below -
Provide the Button ID as the URL on Haptik Platform, as shown below -
- Provide Automated Messages:
- Chat Request Fail message is sent to the user when the request to connect with an agent fails.
- Chat Request Pending message is sent when all agents are busy and cannot take new chat at the moment.
- Chat Ended message is sent to the user when the agent closes the chat from his/her end.
To know how to transfer the user to an agent on Salesforce, read here.