In this guide, you will be able to complete the configuration required to integrate Shopify with Haptik.
What will you need?
- A Shopify account, register yourself as a partner using the Shopify account. Read here to know more about becoming a partner on Shopify.
- Access to Haptik Platform
Step 1: Register as a partner
Navigate to https://www.shopify.com/partners. Register your business as a partner on Shopify.
Once you have provided the details, you will reach here -
Step 2: Create a New App
Click on Apps in the left sidebar and then click on Create App button.
Step 3: Set up the Custom App
Select the app type to be Custom App
Here, provide the -
- App name - This can be any app name
- App URL and Allowed redirection URL(s) - Please contact your Haptik SPOC to procure the URLs.
You can check the new app in the Apps section.
Step 4: Provide the keys on Haptik Platform
When you open the newly created app, you will find the API key and API Secret Key
Copy these keys and provide it on the Platform Deployments section of the Business Manager on Haptik Platform.
Step 5: Authenticate the App
Once the keys are provided, click on Generate Link button
Provide your domain name. This domain name gets created when you create your store on Shopify.
The domain name can be found from the Stores section.
For example, if the store name is
haptik, then the domain name will be
You can read more about Shopify domains, here.
A new link gets generated here. Copy the link and open it in a new tab of your browser for the authentication process. You will able to see the following screen.
- When you click on Make it live option, the bot will be deployed on your Shopify page.
- When you click on Test IVA, a dummy HTML page will open up where you can do a functional testing of the bot.
Voila! Once you have tested the bot, your users will then be able to communicate with the bot. Read here to know more about the use-cases you can implement on your bot.