There are two ways to integrate the bot in Android/iOS:
- Native SDK is installed right inside your app.
- Your Android app opens up Haptik's Web SDK only as a webview.
Limitations of Native SDK
- Native SDK has not been redesigned and is older
- Language support missing
- Native SDKs do not have out-of-the-box language support that the Web SDK does
- Bot prompts are not available
- Not very customisable except for primary color.
- CSS injections not supported.
- You can build, bend and mould our Web SDK using CSS.
- The SDK size increases: Android by 1 MB and iOS by ~3.4 MB
Why use Native SDKs?
- Native apps are always superior when it comes to overall performance -
- They will always load faster.
- The animations run smoother.
- Don’t replicate app features within the bot, use deep link instead.
- Haptik allows full CSS customisation to completely change the look only with Web SDK.