What are the disallowed Notification Types on Whatsapp?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Getting Started
- Bot Building
- Conversation Design
- Developer Guides
- Agent Setup
- Analytics & Reporting
- Troubleshooting Guides
- Release Notes
There are some cases where you are not allowed to send notifications. Below are examples of notification types that WhatsApp does not accept at this point of time.
This might change in future releases.
- Sales, discounts, promotions, product recommendations or offers
- Recurring Content
- Customer re-engagement
- Media files (videos, images, .gifs)
- Businesses asking customers to review their app
- Businesses asking their customers to share notifications with multiple customers
- Businesses sending alerts or reminders that a customer might have indicated an interest in seeing but is not related to a purchase or an event
- Product or marketing/brand surveys