What are the features supported on Exotel?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Getting Started
- Bot Building
- Conversation Design
- Developer Guides
- Agent Setup
- Analytics & Reporting
- Troubleshooting Guides
- Release Notes
Key features offered by Exotel are as follows -
1. Missed call
A missed call is a simple way to communicate with your customers at no cost. The origin of missed call marketing is based on the way people in the Indian subcontinent communicate. Brands have been cashing in on this by customizing the response to a simple missed call. A missed call can be followed by an SMS, another call, or a combination of the two.
2. Text Notification
You can send textual notifications to your customers.
3. Media Notification
You can send messages containing images or documents (pdf) to your customers.
4. Interactive Notification
You can use message templates that can be sent with customized call-to-action buttons and quick replies.
Unpermitted Notification Types
Exotel would not permit few notifications on WhatsApp as WhatsApp itself, does not approve the following types of notifications -
- Sales, discounts, promotions, product recommendations, or offers
- Recurring content
- Customer re-engagement.
- Product or marketing/brand surveys
- Businesses asking customers to review their app
- Businesses asking a customer to share notifications with multiple customers
- Businesses that send reminders or alerts that a customer may have indicated an interest in seeing (not related to a purchase or event)