Types of API Integrations available on Haptik Bot
- Getting Started
- Bot Building
- Conversation Design
Code Step Integration Static Step Integration Shopify Integration SETU Integration Exotel Integration CIBIL integration Freshdesk KMS Integration PayU Integration Zendesk Guide Integration Twilio Integration Razorpay Integration LeadSquared Integration USU(Unymira) Integration Helo(VivaConnect) Integration Salesforce KMS Integration Stripe Integration PayPal Integration CleverTap Integration Fynd Integration HubSpot Integration Magento Integration WooCommerce Integration Microsoft Dynamics 365 Integration
- Agent Setup
- Analytics & Reporting
- Commerce Plus
- Troubleshooting Guides
- Release Notes
Table of ContentsWhat are Integrations?Types of IntegrationsIntegrations via Code step using Code EditorIntegrations via Static Step using Integrations TabChoosing the type of IntegrationWhen to use Code Steps?When to use Static step integrations?
What are Integrations?
Integrations allow you to connect your IVA to external services to perform dynamic operations like fetching data, posting data, or performing some business logic over the collected entities from the IVA.
Haptik's Conversation Studio tool supports two types of integrations. They are
- Integrations via Code Step using Code Editor
- Integrations via Static Step using
Code Step provides an option of
Code Editor where you can write your custom python code to communicate with the external service and execute the business logic.
Code Step is a type of step which contains all the business logic to integrate a function. To know more about Code Step please read here.
Code Editor is a feature using which we can write our Python code and integration functions. The supported programming language is Python 3 and above. If any syntax errors or exceptions are raised by the main function, this will result in a Bot Break message.
Stages to add your APIs -
- Initialize variables to use the collected information in entities
- Pass the information to the API
- Fetch the values back from API
- Log the details using logger package
- Change the final_response
- Run the code
- Provide Sample Output
- Create an Output Step to display the output on the bot
Static Step provides an option for integrations. In this mode of integration, you provide an API URL to which the entity data will be passed as a POST request with a JSON payload. The API URL is then expected to return the bot response in a JSON format.
It is important to choose the right type of integration for your use case as this will increase the speed of shipping the IVA and also help in long-term maintainability.
In most cases, you should be using Code Step's Code Editor. Here are some sample scenarios:
- Integrating with APIs from external providers where they have their own request and response formats
- Performing business logic validations or calculations on the collected entities
- Posting or fetching data from external data stores or services
- OTP verification
You can read more about the Code Editor Integration here.
This should only be used in very complex cases where a middleware service needs to be built or the code is too complicated. Some scenarios where you should be using the API integrations are:
- Having Custom authentication and data storage requirements
- Integrating with APIs from external providers where they understand Haptik's request and response formats
You can read more about it here.