How to use entity flusher?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Getting Started
- IVA Building Guides
- Conversation Design
- Developer Guides
- Agent Setup
- Analytics & Reporting
- Tips & Tricks
Using Entity Flusher
When the user switches context by typing something in free form in between some conversational flow that has not ended, the old entities are not cleared. In such scenarios, you can use entity flusher function.
How to use Entity Flusher?
Step 1: Add integration.utils.lead_campaigns.generic_entity_flusher function under the Integrations tab on the start steps.
Step 2: Add an entity bot_flush_exception_list on the start step where you want to use this function and add all entity names separated by pipe(|) in the entity filter value of this entity.
Do's and Don't of Entity Flusher
- This function needs to be added only on the start steps.
- Do not add this function on Context Clear steps.
- Please ensure that there are no mandatory entities on the step where entity flusher is being called as they will also be cleared when integration is called (also integration won’t be called before all these entities are collected or if you have kept a transition based on 1 of these entities).
- Public entities will not be flushed by using entity flusher.
- Quick replies would not work on steps where Entity Flusher is being called.