How tickets get created on Zendesk Chat?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Getting Started
- Bot Building
- Conversation Design
- Developer Guides
- Agent Setup
- Analytics & Reporting
- Troubleshooting Guides
- Release Notes
On Zendesk chat, you cannot manually create tickets. When a user enters the chat and requests to chat with an agent, a new ticket gets created, i.e. the assignment of the chat to an agent is a ticket itself.
How a ticket is created?
- When the user requests to chat with an agent, the chat is directed to the agent, as shown.
- It is reflected on the user's chat screen as well, that the agent has joined the chat.
- If you see the Agent dashboard, you would see that the chat has been denoted as Ticket #1759
- The agent can select a particular user by selecting the name, in this case, Roger, and all the tickets related to that user would be displayed on the agent dashboard, as shown.
- Under the home section, the agent will be able to see all the tickets that he has or had been assigned.
- This is how tickets get created and can be viewed by an agent as and when he requires them.