What is Zendesk Agent workspace?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Getting Started
- Bot Building
- Conversation Design
- Developer Guides
- Agent Setup
- Analytics & Reporting
- Troubleshooting Guides
- Release Notes
Agent Workspace is a dashboard dedicated exclusively for the agents, in order to handle support queries from the users. Zendesk does have Zendesk Chat in order to receive chats from the users, but if you see Zendesk Agent Workspace, it is a very agent-specific dashboard. Every chat with the user is referred to as a ticket here.
You need to enable Zendesk Agent Workspace manually if you have a Zendesk Sunshine Conversations Integration, to know more click on this link.
Difference between Zendesk Agent Workspace and Zendesk Chat
The whole purpose of Zendesk Agent Workspace and Zendesk Chat is to provide a platform for the Agents to connect with the users who require assistance with respect to their queries.
Zendesk chat is more of a generic application, where the agent would receive a conversation and would be able to connect with a user.
New Chat -
On Zendesk Chat, every time a new user chat is assigned to an agent, it is displayed in the following way -
Similarly, on the Zendesk Agent Workspace, a new chat from the user is assigned in the following way-
- On Zendesk Chat, every time a new user chat is assigned to an agent, it is displayed in the following way -
The Zendesk Chat chat screen looks in the following way-
Whereas, the Zendesk Agent Workspace chat screen looks in the following way-
- The Zendesk Chat chat screen looks in the following way-
- These are few differences with respect to the user interface of Zendesk Chat and Zendesk Agent Workspace.
- To know more about Zendesk Chat, and how the various elements of its user interface work, visit this link.
- To know more about Zendesk Agent Workspace, and how the various elements of its user interface work, visit this link.