Guidelines for FAQ bot
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Getting Started
- Bot Building
- Conversation Design
Code Step Integration Static Step Integration Shopify Integration SETU Integration Exotel Integration CIBIL integration Freshdesk KMS Integration PayU Integration Zendesk Guide Integration Twilio Integration Razorpay Integration LeadSquared Integration USU(Unymira) Integration Helo(VivaConnect) Integration Salesforce KMS Integration Stripe Integration PayPal Integration CleverTap Integration Fynd Integration HubSpot Integration Magento Integration WooCommerce Integration Microsoft Dynamics 365 Integration
- Agent Setup
- Analytics & Reporting
- Proactive Messaging
- Commerce Plus
- Troubleshooting Guides
- Release Notes
Unstructured FAQ IVA guideline
Definition: FAQs stand for frequently asked questions. Adding general FAQs to your bot is a great way to ensure that users receive answers to most of their basic questions alongside the more detailed user journeys that you have built.
- Download the FAQ guideline linked here to add and structure all your FAQs.
- Always have follow-up QR options. Your user should have a way to move forward in the conversation.
- Ensure that the content is adapted for a chat. If required convert lengthy text into lists, interactive carousels, images, or even link a video if needed.
- Ensure that all your steps have been sufficiently trained so that your bot can answer correctly. You can go through the user message guidelines here.
- To upload a large number of FAQs at once, you may use the bulk upload feature. However, make sure that all good conversation designer practices like follow-ups are implemented within your content.
- Ensure that follow-up feedback doesn’t jump in too early and obscure your follow up QRs. Remember: QRs aren’t persistent.
- Sanitise all data - Create separate intents out of user queries
- Make sure that your answer is generic. Don’t have any ultra-specific introductions like “Yes that’s a lovely question” before your answer begins.
Other important considerations
Example 1: If your bot is a bot for logged-in users - Can you reuse information from the signed-in profile to avoid repetition? Example 2: If your user has previously mentioned their name, can you reuse it elsewhere?
Give directional cues to the user
Does your user always have a backup option to come back to the menu if they get lost during the journey?
Handle free form queries
Has your bot been trained to handle free-form questions related to the main use cases?
Example: For an Insurance Product recommendation bot, do you provide basic information about the product in freeform like “Will I get free training”