Why are chats not getting auto-assigned to agents?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Getting Started
- Bot Building
- Conversation Design
Code Step Integration Static Step Integration Shopify Integration SETU Integration Exotel Integration CIBIL integration Freshdesk KMS Integration PayU Integration Zendesk Guide Integration Twilio Integration Razorpay Integration LeadSquared Integration USU(Unymira) Integration Helo(VivaConnect) Integration Salesforce KMS Integration Stripe Integration PayPal Integration CleverTap Integration Fynd Integration HubSpot Integration Magento Integration WooCommerce Integration Microsoft Dynamics 365 Integration
- Agent Setup
- Analytics & Reporting
- Commerce Plus
- Troubleshooting Guides
- Release Notes
Chats get auto-assigned to agents on Haptik's Smart Agent Chat tool. In a few scenarios, it might happen that the chats fail to get auto-assigned, and there are mainly two reasons for that.
The Chat Assignment Method is set as Speed Resolution, due to which more chats are being assigned to an agent who resolves the user's queries faster.
The Chat Handling Capacity is Red, which indicates that the team is handling chats overcapacity, and the agents are not free for the new chats. The agents are busy handling already accepted conversations.
This happens when all the agents are occupied with chats and the number of incoming chats is more, and the agents do not have the bandwidth to handle them.
To solve this situation, you can add more agents to a team so that this increased scale of chats could be handled.
It might happen that the Default Team has not been set on the Business Manager, which is why the chats are not getting auto-assigned to agents.
If you have not checked the "Enable Human Assistance" checkbox in the Business Manager, your chats won't get assigned to agents, when there is a Bot Break, or even when the user explicitely requests to chat with an agent.
These are the possible reasons for chats not getting assigned automatically to the agents.
Apart from the reasons mentioned above, you can also do the following checks in order to check why the chats are not getting assigned to agents -
- You can check the Code Step, and make sure the code has been written properly. Check for errors in the code. On Code Step, ensure that the team name and token are correctly added.
- You should also check if the agents are added to their respective teams or not, and also check if the team is active or inactive.
- You can also check if the agents are online when the chats are getting transferred.
- You can also check the concurrency of the agents, that have been added to the teams. You can read more about it, here.
- You should also check the Agent Escalation Settings, wherein if you are using Smart Agent Chat, make sure you have added the default team, in the Business Manager, in Staging as well as Production Environment.
- You can also check, which environment is the agent online in. It might happen that the bot is live at Production, but the agent is on the Staging Environment.
- Apart from the above, you can also check the raw chat links, wherein you need to check if the team change flag or the chat pinned event was ever initiated or not.
- Lastly, it might also happen that there would be more agents compared to the number of incoming chats, so because of this, a few agents might not get chats as those chats would have been assigned to some other agents.
Even after checking all the above, you are facing the same issue, feel free to connect with our Support team at email@example.com.