What is a skillset? What are skills?
If you still have questions or prefer to get help directly from an agent, please submit a request.
We’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
- Getting Started
- Bot Building Guides
- Conversation Design
- Developer Guides
- Agent Setup
- Analytics & Reporting
- Tips & Tricks
Table of ContentsWhat is a Skillset?Create Skill SetWhat is a skill?Types of SkillsActivate/Deactivate a Skill Set
What is a Skillset?
A Skill Set is a collection of skills that enable your bot to handle queries that need a complex conversational journey. These skills help the user to resolve their queries. A Skill Set aligns with the overall goals of the bot.
Create Skill Set
- To add a new Skill Set to your IVA, click on the downward-facing arrow beside the CSAT Skill set, as shown.
- Provide a name to your skillset, and select Create.
- Once you create a skill set, you will land on the following page, where you can start by adding skills.
What is a skill?
A Skill is a predefined conversational flow between a bot and a user. It contains multiple steps and connections between those steps.
The conversational flow is from a user as well as from a bot's perspective. The basic purpose of the skill is to provide a conversational journey for a user to accomplish certain tasks. Skills can vary from business to business.
For example, an e-commerce business would need a skill, based on order placement, payments, whereas a hotel business would require a skill, based on hotel room booking, cancellation, and so on. So, you can never have a single skill that would work for all, and it all depends on what your business requirements are.
Types of Skills
Smart skills are pre-defined user journeys designed for various use cases.
If the Smart Skills available on the Conversation Studio are not aligning with your use case, you can create a Custom Skill, i.e. a skill made from scratch.
To know more about custom skills, click here.
Activate/Deactivate a Skill Set
- If your Skill Set is no longer required on your IVA, you can simply Deactivate it, as shown below -
- You can Activate a deactivated skillset, in the following way -